Did you know that some dogs were born to be heroes? It's true. Watch our award-winning web TV Series called "Before the Barks" and see how some dogs earn careers in disaster recovery.
Let’s start with the most important information first. And that’s the ASPCA’s Animal Poison Control Center.
They’re available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
If you think your pet may have ingested something poisonous, call 888-426-4435
The list of items that can poison your best furry friends is a long one. Again, we turn to the ASPCA for this comprehensive list of tips to help create a poison safe pet home.
Foods to Avoid Feeding Your Pet
Common examples of human medications that can be potentially lethal to pets, even in small doses, include:
The following substances are considered to be non-toxic, although they may cause mild gastrointestinal upset in some animals:
What To Do if Your Pet is Poisoned
If you choose to call the ASCPA’s Poison Control Center, have the following information ready:
If your pet is seizing, unconscious or having difficulty breathing, bring him or her IMMEDIATELY to your vet or emergency veterinary clinic!
If you’re in the market for a Pet First Aid Kit, we urge you to purchase one from the ASPCA (American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals) here. You’ll get a kickin’ first aid kit and be giving money to end animal cruelty. So that’s a win win!